Sunday, September 13, 2009

Good Morning Campers

"Discipline is not an end in itself, it's only a means to an end."

That is a quote on the back of one of my favorite if not my favorite album of all time being King Crimson's 1981 endeavour "Discipline."

I find the quote to be very finding and can easily be applied to many aspects of life. I've been on the road for much of the past couple months, which has given me time to see a lot of different places and people in America. I've been on a journey to find not only myself, but also try to find the essence of what America really is.

This journey I've summed up as The Drive To 2011, because I'm hoping to gain significant understanding of myself and also positively effect people by 2011.

The Drive To 2011 is doing much better now than it did a year ago when I first started it. I am very much enjoying my new house in Logan Square right off of Belmont, it's so spacious and a great find. I just grad school and after the first week I'm off to a pretty good start. I just received a scholarship from DePaul, which will make life a little bit easier financially. My band is doing well, and besides living together we are playing our biggest show this next Friday at The Metro, which is just a great opportunity for us as a band.

I'm making good progress, but nothing is good enough yet for me. Life is very much a ride, and I've just been sitting in my seat and enjoying as of late and I hope that continues.

No comments: