Friday, December 11, 2009

A Far Cry



One day I feel I'm on top of the world,
And the next day it's falling in on me.
One day I feel I'm ahead of the wheel,
And the next it's rolling over and I can't see.
But I feel I can get back on.

It's a far cry from the world we thought we'd inherit.
It's a far cry from the way we thought we'd share it.

How many times do we wonder if it's even worth it?
There's got to be some other way,
To get through the day.

How many times do we swallow our ambition?
Long to give up the same old way,
And start over on the road as a traveling stray.

In the sweetest child there's a vicious streak.
In the strongest man there's a child so weak.
In the whole wide world there's no magical place.
So you might as well rise up and put on your bravest face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the annuals of history it will be seen that we are living in the new Wild West. The Wild West of the 21st Century exists on computers and the pioneering is in technology.

Right now there are more bandits than sheriffs, but when the time comes when there are more technological sheriffs than bandits we will lose a little more freedom.

Just look at China. Enjoy the internet while you can, and sometimes bandits aren't always bad.

No comments: