Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Iambic Strays




Yesterday I had quite the experience. I had never taken psilocybin mushrooms before, but yesterday I had gotten my hands on some and it was quite the ride. I've taken LSD before and psilocybin is somewhat similar, but also quite a different kind of psychedelic experience than LSD.

Previously when tripping on LSD I would just listen to music or watch visually stimulating movies, but with mushrooms I decided to be more active and I played music for most of the experience with my friend Ryan, and even recorded some of the music I was playing.

I liked being able to create with tripping, I find that to be more productive than just the experience itself. Psilocybin made me feel differently than LSD does, probably because LSD is a more intense experience, and like you don't even have time to feel while on it.

LSD makes me very anti-social, where mushrooms made me want to be very social. I think I angered/annoyed quite a few people yesterday, because I just felt wanting to be social and "trip texted" a bunch of my friends who I don't think were amused by my comments and out right buggery. Regardless of what I did and felt the experience was great, and definitely worth doing again. Mushrooms are a more functionable experience than LSD is.

The psilocybin definitely influenced my style of drumming while playing, and made me play more primal and free-jazz like drums. The music sounded somewhat similar to Zach Hill, who is now one of my favorite drummers in modern music. Hill's style of music I think is the direction of music I'm heading into with my drumming.


No comments: