Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Art Of Misplacing Cool

The last day and a half I've been pondering a topic I've never really thought that much about before: Attention.

The art of gaining attention I think is one of the hardest things one can possibly do in this world.

One works so hard to gain someone's attention, and it can be lost so fast. It is a constant uphill battle.

Being both a musician and single, the art of gaining attention is something I'm constantly working at for both professional and personal gain.

What makes attention hard is the aim of the attention. What kind of attention you're wanting to get is hard to achieve. As a musician I want attention for my band, but not in the form of like a horrible revue or something like it, so like attention can also be one of those things that you can regret sometimes as well.

I've also tried to get back into dating lately, and have had mixed results. I feel like I have a hard time getting someone's attention. It seems like I just bother people lately, I don't know what the deal is.

I was talking to a friend of mine about the topic of attention and told me my problem was i'm just being too neurotic about it and i'm misplacing cool. Of course if I'm misplacing cool then I had it to begin with right?

I'm sure it's not as doom and gloom as I pretend it is, but I feel like a baseball pitcher in a rut lately. I'm just waiting to get back on track with my fastball instead of throwing junk all the time. Why can't I keep people's attention? I've been told my three people in the past week that I'm a strange guy. Strange guy is not the kind of descriptive adjective I'd like to use when describing me.

I'm leaving tomorrow for South Bend, Indiana for a week so I hope is fun. I'm getting closer and closer to getting my own place in Chicago and I can't wait for the day that happens, and maybe that's just my problem is my housing situation is just driving me crazy right now.

I have made some travel plans and I'm going to Milwaukee in early August, New York in late August, and back to Massachusetts in October so I am kind of stoked to do some traveling again.

I told myself I wouldn't write blogs this long anymore, but today I couldn't help it.

1 comment:

Best Fiction said...

Sometimes I imagine cold water pouring on my forehead when I feel I'm losing my cool. It's a quick, easy way to get centered...for the seriously troublesome task of getting attention!

Long time no talk, mister!