Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blonde Ambition

I was reminded today why I remained in Big Rapids after I graduated from Ferris State University. I wish I could go back and relive some of those moments.

I received a wedding invitation from one of my best friends in the world, who I also played in a band with for over two years. I couldn't be happier for my friend Josh and I wish him the best in all of his endeavours.

I also received a text today from my ex-roommate and also former bandmate who was my best friend up at Ferris and one of the best persons I've ever met who I haven't talked to since last Christmas.

I was also reminded today of another one of my best friends up at Ferris who has influenced me in a way he'll never know, he is just one of those people who personifies cool and one of the funniest guys I've ever met. My friend Brian is the reason I route for Ohio sports teams whenever playing Michigan teams. I remember the first time Brian ever did a power hour which was at my house with my roommate Kyle, which was a hell of a night. I also remember when Brian, my friend Ryan and I went to a crazy house party in Grand Rapids and was one of the more memorable experiences up at Ferris. Brian was one of the biggest and best fans of my band. I remember a gig we had at The Gate in January of 2008, and Brian came to the gig and was our biggest supporter there and after the gig we got a beer at the bar and I told him why I thought Barack would win the presidency and it was a great night and I Josh, Kyle, and Brian to thank for it.

I'm usually never nostalgiac, but I find myself thinking of the past right now and I really don't feel bad for flashbacking to days past.

When I was younger I use to dye my hair blonde, and I haven't done it in three years, but recently a couple of friends of mine have encouraged me to do it. I'm thinking about maybe dying my hair blonde again, but I don't know if I should do it or not.

So the question is to let my hair remain brown or dye my hair blonde?

This is a call to arms to live and love and sleep together. We could flood the streets with love with light with heat, whatever. Wave your hands make it rain, the stars will rise again.

No comments: