Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Here Comes The Flood

Well after some mental sidetracking I had due to sudden and not so great events in my life I believe I am back to thinking clearly again.

I think I'm ready for change in most if not all aspects of my life. I really think I've become a different person through my experiences of the past couple months. I don't mean I'm different in a good or bad way.

Who is William Covert? No one is. I'm not William Covert, I'm a living creature who changes and I'm not the same creature I use to be. It's strange how we use names to identity things. I have friends, enemies, family, and acquaintances who know me as William Covert or Bill Covert or Will Covert. This identity given to me in reality means nothing. I hope people can relate to me more on terms of my actions and personality rather than my given identity. I was named after my great-grandfather. It's hard to develop your own identity when you're named after someone else.

In naming myself, I recognize who I am.

Right now I sum up my life in 3 phases:

1. I was young and had hope and innocence.

2. I got older and tried experiencing the world as best I could and lost my innocence and in turn lost my hope.

3. I accepted who I am now and what my life has been thus far, and have a new found sense of hope.

Now being in phase 3 I feel ready for whatever is next. I am respledent in divergence.

I am very excited to make new music. I can just hope for the best. We begin again, constantly.

I never give my friends enough credit for the impact they have on me to remain hopefull.

Three ways to discover our faults: ask a friend; ask an enemy; recognize a fault in others.

Suffering is our experience of the distance between what we are and who we wish to become.

Suffering is necessary, unnecessary or voluntary.

No comments: