Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Dumbland

I have recently been watching a series of videos either about David Lynch or David Lynch has made that are on the internet. I find David Lynch to be a rather interesting and intelligent artist. He is my favorite film maker. David Lynch is one of the few film makers who understands the bullshit that is American pop culture and can be able to show you how stupid it really is.

Lynch made a video about his thoughts on the iphone and is set up as a spoof iphone commercial and I find it to be rather hilarious.



David Lynch has also made a cartoon called "Dumbland" that he shows on the internet that is very abstract and ridiculous. The cartoon itself appears to be weird, offensive, absurd, and non-sensical. You could say the same thing about who the cartoon is about, which is the average amercian capitalist consumer. I give Lynch kudos for creating "Dumbland" and showing how stupid the conformist, lathargic, wal-mart shopping, suburbia dwelling, supposedly patriotic, materialistic American is, and showing how absurd that lifestyle is. Below is episode two, I've seen 8 episodes so far and I don't know how many there really are.

1 comment:

Nick said...

I laughed really hard at his dig on the IPhone, and I completely agree with him. This is why I have a phone that only makes/receive calls and text messages.