Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Eye Of The Needle

This is the second poem compiled from my "Acid Diary" it is a continuation of personal introspection and written while on LSD. The name of the poem is
Eye Of The Needle:

"I am a human being, I can't believe the things I'm seeing.
I don't want to live in a world of muir.
I am a drummer.
I hate Hitler.

I am an artist.
I want to be more artistic.
I am a blood sucker, I am a tick.
I love music.

I live to play live music and have sex,
Everything else in life is voluntary.
Sometimes I feel people just hate my guts and I don't know why.
The clouds in my mind block the scope of the needle's eye.

I want to be the shepherd,
But I feel like just another sheep in the flock.
I am afraid my friends and family will abandon me.
On the shores of time, sand will erode my clock.

I love The Smiths.
The sticks in my hands are more powerful than Thor's hammer.
My main problem is I don't get along with myself.
My curse lies in what the clouds of thought once were.

I thought about living in North Chicago.
I don't care how people react or make fun of me and call me gay.
I am lonely and I feel it is my own fault, is this the right way?
In the eye of the needle all colors are seen as gray.

I am hungry.
The censor's purging blade, here comes that sound we made.
True darkness will always fade.
Here I am."

- William Covert

3 comments:

T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T said...

This is certainly more cryptic than your last entry from the Acid Diary. Have you ever read The Perks of Being a Wallflower? A lot of the recurring topics in your poetry remind me of some of things Charlie, the main character, experiences and struggles with in the book. Incidentally, Charlie's favorite band is The Smiths.

I'm still trying to figure out if the eye of the needle is a lens through which you look at the world or if it's a kind of struggle you have in life--trying to pass through the eye of the needle--or something different entirely.

My favorite line: On the shores of time, sand will erode my clock.

--Taylor

Will C said...

I've never read The Perks of Being a Wallflower only heard of it. I don't read too many contemporary books.

To me I believe the eye represents my mind's eye, which is seeking enlightenment and truth and the needle is my physical self that encounters the fallacies of the physical world. The eye of the needle is the mind of my physical body.