Thursday, February 19, 2009

It Never Got Weird Enough For Me

I can't remember the last time I've been so exhausted from seemingly not doing that much! I've been in overdrive and have done nothing lately, but apply for jobs and get focused in on grad school. Applying to grad school is so unbelievably boring and requesting transcripts is a goddam pain in the ass. These colleges act like transcripts are classified government documents that must never see the light of day. Even though I've been at my computer today longer than any day in my recent memory, I feel pretty accomplished and content right now. Now comes the waiting game.

I watched a great documentary earlier about the life and times of Hunter S. Thompson. The older I get the more and more I like the fellow, I think Thompson was a real visionary as a writer and patriot. It's too bad he blew his brains out because of George Bush. I love the conspiracy theories around online that Thompson didn't actually shot himself over his distraught feelings with the Bush administration, but was killed by the Bush administration for claiming 9/11 was an inside job on national television to Tim Russert. I heard online an audio recording of Thompson on the phone the day before he died yelling at a friend how they're going to make it look like a suicide and he needs someone to help him, but of course with Thompson you never really know what he was saying.

I think I'm going to play some drums, listen to some jazz, and drink a cold one; in that order.

I hate myself sometimes. With everyday that passes more and more I want to be a writer, and I was offered a job as a journalist, but turned it down. Sure the pay was lousy at only $20 per article, and was for a magazine no one ever heard of, and was in New York, but would a real writer have turned it down. That's the dilemma I'm dealing with, I suddenly became a capitalist and let money keep me from doing something that I wanted to do. Of course I also didn't feel it was in my place to critique someone else's music and write about it.
Ugh, how many more chances will I get at redemption.

As Hunter Thompson would say "Football season is over."

No comments: